Candled at day 25 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by koakritters, Mar 17, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    SO i've basically given up that these eggs are alive, but i cant bring myself to open them up and see dead chicks [​IMG] so i candled them to see if there was any movement at all and in one the air sack looks like it's been moved to the side of the egg instead of where they normally are, and the other two the air sack is no longer a circle, it is higher and lower in places, f that makes any sense, think kind of how you would draw waves.

does this mean they're dead? i'm sad because one of them was just moving around other day... he had been chirping and everything and then i haven't heard from him in close to 2 days now. [​IMG]

i'm, going to have to go get some more eggs now to make me feel better. [​IMG]

2. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Sorry for your loss....enjoy your new eggs. [​IMG] on your next hatch

3. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i gave in and opened one of them, and he was dead. [​IMG] so sad! it was the one who had moved his egg around and talked to me, the membrane around him was stuck to him- is that what shrink wrapping is? i had to take the other 2 out on day 23 since they hatch day 21, and that was the last time i had heard him talk... i'm not openign the others that was too depressing. he would have been black just like his sibling. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by