candled chicken/duck eggs, little giant help (pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BellLisamo, Feb 28, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    ok this first one, looks terrible but its also my camera. its very very very dark on that one side where the chick should be. This is a little bantam brown egg btw.
    [​IMG]

i candled my duck egg and look!!! day 5 i see a little one forming. this pic isnt good either but i can see it! Can you??!!
    Help me NOT screw this up. I have a little giant still air, no fan no auto turner. Please give me all the advice you can stand. I want him to keep developing.
    [​IMG]

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    All I can say is

GOOD LUCK DUCKY [​IMG]

3. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I went through a lot of eggs before I hatched any out...the difference was I left them alone...I was holding and candling almost everyday and they would always die...but then my boyfriend said "you need to leave them alone" ....so I did, and only turned 3 times a day and spritzed with warmish water....finally I got a hatch....I can say only candle maybe 3 times the entire time. I was told about my geese eggs now to cool down once a day for 10 minutes and I candle during that time 'cause missprissy said she does it and doesn't touch the eggs...just puts the flash light on them....so I 've been doing that too...(I can't wait to candle [​IMG] )

so I can't remember giving them a cool down time for my duck eggs ...it was a few years ago...buy maybe you have to..

another thing I've heard is that you shouldn't have chicks and ducks in the same incubator because ducks need more humidity than chicks...or something like that.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by