1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candled-day9 batch and day6 batch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seminolewind, Nov 6, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I recandled my 4 polish, and they are swinging on the vines! I candled Cynthia's eggs, I know its only day 6, but I'm excited. I have 8, 2 of the 8 show a blob moving around and veins. The other 6 I'm not sure about at this point. The shells are real thick. I'm pretty sure I see veins. And pretty sure I see air pockets. So I will wait a few days and candle again. These 6 look like the others, actually, but I couldn't find the little moving embryo. At this point, the eggs are more experienced than I am!

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Isnt it exciting?

Chel

3. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Chel, Yes it is, Its like theirs real babies in there. Boy, those thicker shells are sure hard to see into. I am now hovering. I have 11 days to go on the first batch and they are still moving around. Karen

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck with your hatch I candle mine real late at night and have no one to do the happy dance with!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  5. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Now all I want to do is candle them all the time and I know I can't. It's just so exciting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by