candled egg looks black?

asteria01

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 2, 2015
CA
Hi, I just put in a batch of eggs, and before i put them in, i candled all of them. but there was this one egg that i couldnt see into at all, like it was solid black. the eggs should be only 3 days old... so why is this happening? should i keep it in the incubator? hopefully someone can explain this to me? its an EE egg. thanks!

Hi, I just put in a batch of eggs, and before i put them in, i candled all of them. but there was this one egg that i couldnt see into at all, like it was solid black. the eggs should be only 3 days old... so why is this happening? should i keep it in the incubator? hopefully someone can explain this to me? its an EE egg. thanks!
Some of the green/blue and very dark brown eggs are almost impossible to see into. It could be that your light isn't strong enough. If you haven't, take it into a very dark room and use the brightest light you have. I've had a couple there was no seeing into, (at least not with my cheap flashlights...lol) I just left them in the bator. As long as nothing smells I don't mess with eggs I can't be sure about.

Some of the green/blue and very dark brown eggs are almost impossible to see into. It could be that your light isn't strong enough. If you haven't, take it into a very dark room and use the brightest light you have. I've had a couple there was no seeing into, (at least not with my cheap flashlights...lol) I just left them in the bator. As long as nothing smells I don't mess with eggs I can't be sure about.
i candled the eggs in a bathroom with no lights on lol. the egg is an off color white/greenish blue, so its a light colored egg. the light could shine right thru the other eggs but this one didnt even light up the slightest. ill keep it in the bator for now and see whats up day 7 i guess.

I have the same thing, but my eggs are about 10 days along. I think they are just more developed then only being able to see blood vessels, I.E. already taking on the form of chicks, therefor they are too dense to see through.

Back
Top Bottom