Candled Egg Pics. What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happi752, Sep 20, 2009.

1. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    Ok I had a 4 hour power outage a few days ago. I lost 4 eggs out of 10. Out of the 6 I have left I candled this morning. Below are pics of both eggs. These are at day 12 now. They both have nice air cells but you really cant see it too well in the pics. I still see the blood vessels. But the top half is just solid dark and the lower end of the egg is clear. I don't see movement. But they are dark brown eggs and hard to see through. The dark solid floats around when I turn the egg. So tell me what you think please.

[​IMG]

This is candled egg #1

[​IMG]

This is candled egg #2

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I see a chick in pic #1 I do not se a lot of formation in #2

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I could be wrong.

4. happi752

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    where do you see the chick in #1?

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I can see a formation where it looks like a shadow. I'm no expert but that looks like a chick.

6. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    1 is possible 2 is a bad shot.Look for movement in the egg it can take a bit to see it,it'll be a lil black spot moving.

7. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

i just don't understand how could people in US ( the most powerful country in the world i tough) also suffer power outages like me?

so, you just leave them without any heat?

you can use kerosene lamp to make it warm although CO2 will make them *suffer*.

i suggest you just leave them till they have an odor. [​IMG]

wishing you lucky. [​IMG]

8. happi752

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    Because in this most powerful country as you call it, I have ony 4,000 dollars a year income so I have to live way out in the middle of no where and it cost almost nothing to live on. I am disabled. My home has electric that goes out at least once a week and takes forever to come back on because it is so remote.

9. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    I was also wondering the same thing, I have a couple of eggs that are dark on one side, light on the other, after 8 or 9 days does the chick actually kind of stay towards one side of the egg and "latch" on to it? Surely they aren't doing spins and flips in the egg every time you turn them. Will somebody please kindly answer this question for me.

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    #1 looks good for day 12, #2 looks like it's not going to make it but I would still leave it untill your day 18 candle when you stop turning.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by