CANDLED EGGS AT 7 DAYS AND NOT SURE WHAT I SAW!! HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by imriu1969, May 11, 2009.

1. imriu1969

imriu1969 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    SE Ohio
    I candled my first broodies eggs this weekend. From what I can tell they are about 7-8 days along. I did see some veining. But mostly I just saw about half of the egg was "dark" and it would float to the top when I turned the egg. I did see a couple of "clear" eggs, so I know what that is. I didn't see anything that I was sure was a peep or movement (except the floating of the "darkened blob" in the egg). I looked at the website that showed pictures of candling and a "good egg" seems to have a darkened "blob", but I could also see the peep. I am using a small maglite w/o the plastic cover and I am in a dark room. These eggs are blue to green from some EE hens. I really couldn't see anything in the one that was olive green. Maybe I need a more powerful light. Is what I saw normal of fertilized eggs??? Thank you, in advance, for all of the helpful answers I am sure I will receive.

2. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    it may still be too early..

when I candled my eggs about 10 days in, what I thought were clear eggs.. Werent.. I left them in there of course.. just in case i was wrong.. and I was.. Because now, every one of my eggs have chicks in them!!! [​IMG] so excited about this friday coming up!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by