Candled my Silkie eggs tonight

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantymama, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Out of 20 eggs i set i have seven that are good and one i can not tell. The ones that do not look good almost look like water and have a bubble floating around any hope for them. This is my first time with shipped eggs so its a new learning experience. I also have 3 of my own eggs in there 2 Millies and one Chochin and they look good.

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Is this day 7? You should be able to see veining and maybe a little heart jumping around. If it is just day 7 you can leave till day fourteen and candle again.

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
  4. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    It was day seven. I will give the rest more time. Bamachicken the ones that are good so far are 6 marked bu and 1 marked bs and the maybe is marked wh. Maybe they are late bloomers. If that is all i get iam still a happy hatcher. My little boody he should have some babies for me within the next 24 hours.

5. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Hi bantymama,
    When I just candled at day seven I didn't know what I was looking at.
    I have checked out all the candling threads and still feel , well.......inept.
    I left all my eggs and just plan to keep a close eye on them and candle again at day 14.
    This is my first hatch and I am just staying here on BYC as much as possible and soaking up as much knowledge as possible.
    Best wishes to you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by