candled, size of chicks seem small

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by the simple life, May 25, 2008.

1. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I am on day 14 and I candled some of my eggs today. I see veining and airsacks. I also see what appears to be the little peeps but they seem small for this stage.I could be wrong but when I looked at pictues online mine seem like the ones they showed at 7 days. These peeps move around when I candle so I am not mistaking what they are. Do they grow alot in the last week?

2. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Yep, they grow a lot the last week. They've mostly finished developing, and all they do the last week, really, is get bigger [​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch.

3. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats a relief , I feel better about it now.[​IMG] Thank you.

4. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    can you see them twitching as a reaction to the light? also check your humdity, be sure you are between 45-55, 50% being the goal. at 99.5-100.5 and that Rh, I have 100% hatches.

good luck and don't worry, they are genetically fit to hatch properly, I don't think you have to stress too much about them, they're smart cookies!!!

5. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    can you see them twitching as a reaction to the light? also check your humdity, be sure you are between 45-55, 50% being the goal. at 99.5-100.5 and that Rh, I have 100% hatches.

good luck and don't worry, they are genetically fit to hatch properly, I don't think you have to stress too much about them, they're smart cookies!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by