1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candled with a new flashlight! Now that is cool!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by midget_farms, Mar 6, 2011.

1. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    I'm on day 16.

I recently purchased a new flashlight - its rediculously bright - little thing, but it was expensive!

I though I'd give it a try for candling. The light I used before was OK - but I really couldn't see inside the egg. Just the air cell etc.

With this puppy - I was able to see the feet, head, beak, veins - it was crazy!

I was able to tell I had 2 new duds - they hade developed pretty well & then gave up the ghost for some reason.

In any case - I have 8 slightly sunburned chicks still kicking (literally - I could see it).

Hopefully by Friday I'll have 'em all in the brooder.

2. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    WHat kind of flashlight did you use? I want one. I had a hard time seeing mine when I candled. That is so cool you were able to see so well. I'd love that!!

3. chickpeaz

chickpeaz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Central PA
    Yes, PLEASE share! Brand, store, price, your address so I can come swipe it while you're not looking...?

4. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by