Candled yippee and a question about humidity and fan

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
I have 18 eggs left out of 32 the dozen i purchased see thread how not to pack are all cracked smashed seeped or clear not happy however the wonderful gentleman that gave me some eggs was wanting to incubate local with shipped shipped all goners but local I have at least 13 embryos and 3 that I can't tell but looks good and 1 that looks clear 1 that I could not find an embryo but had a little bit of veining Thanks Buck

OK now the question

I added a fan to my LG well nothing was happening and I can usually see veining on day 3 so I did more searching and saw that the fan was facing down and according to LG should be pointing up so I unplugged it and the next morning saw veining So was the fan just blowing too hard what I saw today definatel;y looks like day 7 candling which means that I start the day I unplugged the fan however do not want any chicks to hatch in the turner so should I A. Leave in turner and watch for pips? (may cause humidity issues) or B. remove to hatching wire on original day 18

OK actually I had 2 questions
Does anyone run a humidifier in the room where they hatch I usually run one in my room during the winter and have not set it up yet as that is where the incubator is. I do not want to hurt my babies so do I hold off or just run it and watch the hydrometer in wiggler?

That is all for now I am sure that I will have more later closer to hatch I figured I hatch many many ostrich eggs of course I could do chickens however We had TOP of the line incubator and hatchers back then and I have an LG Stryo now OK I am rambling

Kasi

Last edited:
Mod please dont yell about the bump I was getting ready for page 2 and no answers yet

I wouldnt change anything during an incubation. I would leave the conditions outside the bator as they have been.

I think that was the only question you asked, right? I had a hard time reading your post.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I am the queen of no puncuation and bad speeling, but math throw anything my way and it's a breeze all my kids are the same way I am begining to wonder if it is genetic.

Back
Top Bottom