Candled !!!!!

OHbluecoop

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 19, 2007
Wauseon Ohio
wee.gif
I candled 17 welsummer eggs from mother goose and thought 1 was not fertile - my DS broke it open and the chick was alive
hit.gif
barnie.gif
I thought we were both going to die! From now on we will just put a question mark and put it back in!!!!! This is day 14 and the rest are all moving and veins
jumpy.gif
92 caddy - 3 of the 4 goose eggs have veins and moving too
wee.gif
I left the 4th one in just in case - especially after the welsummer egg
th.gif

No I got the welsummer eggs set from Mother Goose, and only 1 came broken and she sent 6 extras
clap.gif
The goose eggs came from 92caddy when I dropped off a pair of LaFleches we sold to him. The people on BYC that I have been in contact with have been great
ya.gif

We have an older slide projector-one that had a tray on top- the bulbs are super bright- they work fantastic! As you can see from above the dark welsummer eggs are hard to see, plus this is only our second shot at incubating, so we're still learning. I got the idea here on BYC
caf.gif
My DH thinks I spend too much time on here

Well, I'm going to have to get me one. Ebay, I'm guessing, would have them? My "Surprize Pullets" are mostly Welsummers, so now all I need is an unrelated male....

So, yeah, eventually I'll be candling Welsummers LOL.

My DH thinks I spend too much time on here

My husband always finds me at the computer when he gets home from work. He works 3-11, and once the kids are to bed, I finally get some time to myself. He always lays down on the bed and wants to know what "chicken drama" happened on BYC today.
lol.png

Em​

My goose eggs are on day 22 today, and Welsummer eggs on day 19- I candled the 4th goose egg( that I thought was not alive on Monday 4/7 and there were veins and movement
wee.gif
I am so glad I did not pitch that egg
fl.gif
I am so excited I can hardly wait
ya.gif

I would think you could find projectors cheap or at an estate auction- everyone uses power point not slides anymore- I am so glad I didnt get rid of ours- Justifies my junk collecting!

Back
Top Bottom