candled...

genevieve

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 19, 2011
my 13 shipped orpington eggs last night and it looks like chicks in 12 of the 13!!! so excited since last time with shipped eggs i hatched 3 out of 40+ eggs...

Last batch with the poor hatch rate was half from GA and half from TX shipped to PA. This time it was 13 from GA shipped to NJ- however the packaging this time around was excellent (much better than the other ones I got in).

Where were yours coming/ going?

I have had eggs shipped to Hawaii from Illinois, Maryland, south Carolina, Georgia and most recently Oregon. I am hoping the Oregon eggs fare better because they were closer (only 2500 miles... Lol). I have to say, the eggs that I got from someone in Georgia were remarkable badly packed. Got a big fat zero from those eggs.
Not counting the "Georgia" eggs my hatching success rate average is 11%. that is not counting 3 sets of eggs in the incubator. I have just started this summer trying to hatch eggs so it is possible my low hatches could also be due to the learning curve. But traveling 5000 miles cannot be good for a fertile egg.

Thats great
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom