Candleing 2 white leghorn eggs still not sure I am seeing the right th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by can you hear me now?, Jul 17, 2008.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I am at like day 12 and am candling eggs. I know the brown ones are good but both of the White Leghorn eggs are still yolks and I can't see anything although I am sure they were fertile. How long should I wait until I get rid of the eggs? Does anyone have a link to the post to get an idea when you should throw them out so they don't explode on me in my incubator?

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
  3. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I thank you for your answer I didn't know if anyone was going to look at this post or not.

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    You're welcome... sometimes the posts move by so quick, we miss them. Anything having to do with hatching, if I can help, I will because I know how stressful it is. [​IMG] How are the others doing?

5. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    so far the brown eggs are doing great. I just wish the leghorn's eggs would have done something. I put another in yesterday and another tonight. Hope these do better. I know she is fertile because that roo seems to have picked her as a favorite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by