candleing turkey eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by cmobley, Mar 26, 2016.

1. cmobley

cmobley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2015
    saraland alabama
    Its day 7 of my dozen eggs in the bator. I candled this morning not expecting to see alot but just to see. All i noticed were veins in the fat end looking like they were just starting. But all 12 had them thats a great sign im guessing. Im keeping my humidity between 30 and 45% temp from 99 to 100.

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I've not hatched out turkey eggs, but have experience with chicken eggs. Day 7, you typically won't see a lot. Maybe a vein or two. Sounds like yours are doing good.:D

Please keep us posted and :welcome

3. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Sorry, you've been with us awhile. I was thinking in the wrong year......:oops:. Lol! I need caffeine!

4. cmobley

Mar 4, 2015
    saraland alabama
    No problem. The only incubating ive done is quail eggs ive got that down to a tee. Ive incubated one dozen mail order chicken eggs one formed none hatched wont do that again. I decided to try these turkey eggs on a whim. One of those why not nothin else to do things, plus the eggs were only 30 bucks for a dozen from a guy 20 minutes from me ones on ebay are like 80 and 90 bucks for the same types.I live in the city and cant keep them lol. But i have people that im gonna give them to if they make it. I have 7 chickens i can have those i might try to keep one turkey hen but ill have to see how that plays out.

5. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Shipped eggs have a fat chance of being treated as they should. I've only got eggs from locals. Taking a great risk & having chicks shipped next month from California. Only bought from local hatcheries in the past as well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  6. cmobley

Mar 4, 2015
    saraland alabama
    Yeah i have a guy here 10 minutes from me now he has everything. But he wont give up any jubilee orpington eggs lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by