Candling/Bator.. ..ing lol!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ~Kuromametchi~, May 5, 2009.

1. ~Kuromametchi~

~Kuromametchi~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    [​IMG]
    Good Candle for 3rd day?
    [​IMG]
    Good Bator?

2. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    sorry the first pic is so blurry you can't see anything. The second one doesnt look good to me. that light is way to close to the eggs and looks like it will cook them.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Ditto - from what I can see in pic #2 you should move the light (unless its just the way the pic makes it look) and its to soon to tell with the eggs unless you have candled 10093 times (plus your eggs look brown and that makes it ever harder) Dont toss any eggs till day 12ish. Good luck and happy hatching.

4. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    well its a 7 watt light bulb and the other side of it is like way cold and the theremometer i put up to the eggs and there exactly 92.2 degrees F

[​IMG]

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    isnt the temp ment to be 99F and how do u mesure humidity? and what are u incubating in?

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  6. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I don't right this minute about a week before due hatches i will get a hygrometer and water in a cup lol

7. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    what are u incubating in?

8. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Ok i got a box to a 1000 piece puzzle and cut a square hole in the top and tapeda sheet of glass to the top and put the light bulb through a hole in the side and i have 7 eggs on top of dish towels so far lookin good [​IMG] lol

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  9. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    right well good luck with that its best to candle on days 7 and 14. but if this bator u made doesnt work i would try either buying a styro bator and making one like this it doesnt cost much to make and works great my friend just hatched 4 out of 6 eggs in one 80% hatch : https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=1996-chic-chick-bator
    my friend just put a light in there and a water dish thermemerter hydrometer combo thing let it stableize and put the eggs in and turned them 3 times a day and used towels to raise the temp if it got low i think she had either a 15 or 25 watt bulb in there .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by