CANDLING CHICKEN EGG HELP !!

zayn

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 4, 2015
uk
]Hello Everyone this is my first time trying to hatch chicken eggs in the incubator(BRINSEA MINI ADVANCE) last time I hatched Japanese quail and had 8/11 successful hatch rate. in this batch of chicken eggs I have tried candling and it is currently day 15 and I am using an iPhone to try and see if there is any progress . and this is what I can see (picture ) but I can't seee like anything except for like a dark patch and an air cell as you can see - no veins or anything. They look the same every few days I am trying to candle .I don't know if this is because I am using an iPhone torch- so I have ordered a proper candling machine to see if that would give a better view . Any advice or does anyone can anyone tell me if these are fertile and if there is any progress PLEASE???? It would be much appreciated thanks all in advance!

Since it's day 15 my initial thought would be that they are not fertile. By now you should be able to see clear movement in the egg. With light color shell eggs like yours you should already see veins by day 5-6 and by day 7-8 there would be a clear web.

Are you sure there was a rooster with these hens?

Yeah there was a rooster and he was definitely doing his business and this is all I can see I really want them to be fertile because I have checked and compared it with an infertile egg but the yolk is very lighter compare to that do you think it could be that my view is not as good because I am using an iPhone torch? It just looks to me a bit too darker to be infertile that it just looks like it is on day two. All this time

well it got darker because it was incubating, but I don't think there's any developent there... I candle my eggs with my phone's flashlight and it's pretty obvious which are fertile and which are not.
What settings did you use for the incubating?

I am incubating in the brinsea mini advance incubator the temperature level is set to 37.5° and then the humidity is in one pot reservoir. I have set cooling mode as it is recommended in the manual which is 120 minuteS from day 7-18

Well brinsea incubators are usually good, the settings make sense and should be good. I have never done periodical cooling, which suppousedly helps, but I can't comment on that. Your eggs don't look like they started developing anyway, so this shouldn't have been a factor. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the temperature was somehow too low. I had a bad hatch when the room temperature was very low and there was a lot of condensation on the lid - some eggs started developing but most didn't.

If I were you I'd set the temperature to 37.8°C and disable the cooling option. If you stored your eggs properly and they are fertile, you should see veins forming on day 5 with the kind of light-shell eggs in the pictures. Instructions are a great way to start, but the exact settings don't work for everybody, so sometimes you just have to tinker around and change a couple of things until you find out what works for you.

]Hello Everyone this is my first time trying to hatch chicken eggs in the incubator(BRINSEA MINI ADVANCE) last time I hatched Japanese quail and had 8/11 successful hatch rate. in this batch of chicken eggs I have tried candling and it is currently day 15 and I am using an iPhone to try and see if there is any progress . and this is what I can see (picture ) but I can't seee like anything except for like a dark patch and an air cell as you can see - no veins or anything. They look the same every few days I am trying to candle .I don't know if this is because I am using an iPhone torch- so I have ordered a proper candling machine to see if that would give a better view . Any advice or does anyone can anyone tell me if these are fertile and if there is any progress PLEASE???? It would be much appreciated thanks all in advance!

Hello, If all of your eggs looked like that than the possibility of them being fertile is low. Even if they were fertile and died in the process you would still see a blood ring.
I'm gonna send you a picture of how your eggs are supposed to look like.

295bb9dbd7f39557a9968de3a3ab1016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom