candling chicken egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by azzamc, Jan 31, 2012.

1. azzamc

azzamc Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

hi this is my egg at ay 14 of incuabion its not a good photo but i am just wondering is it a bad egg as i cant see no vains just all black PLZ HELP ME

thanks aaron

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    No, that looks good to me for day 14 of incubation. You're right that it's not easy to see because of a not-so-great picture quality. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think I see some veining along the top. When you're candling, try moving the egg very slowly and gently, and you may see some veining.

Here's a link to candling pictures that have been very helpful to me: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation

3. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    It looks pretty good. As the chick develops and grows the egg will start to appear black inside on candling. Try candling from the bumt end and you may see the chick moving :) (you may not)

4. azzamc

Jan 30, 2012
    thanks big help im keep you up to date thanks [​IMG]

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I agree with the others. Looks good.

6. azzamc

Jan 30, 2012
    iv just candled it again and i can see like a c shape (i started this egg incubation on the 17/1/12)

iv just candled my otha egg (18/1/12 started incubation) can i can see vains and i saw a foot it was so cute

but i didnt see the ssame on the first one :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by