1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling Day 10 (pic)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, May 15, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Forgive my crappy pictures. I need to buy myself a flashlight to candle with, I swear...
    Anyways, my concerns... :|

The embryos are still moving around, but this veining is getting darker and looking round like a blood ring kind of. I've got 4-5 eggs that look like this... At Day 10, is this normal? I can see the air sac, but there's a clear bottom too? Man I hope these hatch [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I have a Day 6 photo on that thread. LOL I hope these little guys are okay.

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    bumping.... someone help me [​IMG]

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm not a total expert but have done this a few times before and it looking like a blood ring to me. Is there anything moving around in there?

6. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    Do you actually see the embryo moving in the ones that look like this? If so I wouldnt worry. Usually around this stage the yolk will start to take an odd shape, I think thats what you are seeing. The only thing I can see by the pic is maybe the eggs were a little old when set. Looks like you are using an auto turner by the way the egg is migrating to the top. thats why there is such a clear area in the bottom.

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    The little guy in that egg was moving around yesterday. I went out today and bought a nice flashlight. I can see inside, but not long enough to see any movement. I'll have to try and candle it again later. I hope he's okay, but I think he's giving up... hence the dark circle in there. [​IMG] bummer...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by