Candling eggs *please help*

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
What does it mean when an eggs has an air cell at both ends of the egg?
️I candled at 14 days and some eggs had tiny air cells or a tiny space at the rounded end, as well as a large air cell at the pointed end? Should there only be an air cell at the pointed end, and the rounded end be filled with growing chick? Does this mean that eggs with a tiny air cell on the rounded end as well as a larger air cell on the pointed end, are dead? It looked like I could see blood vessels so I put it back, but I'm not sure...
Thanks!

Have you looked at some of the candling threads? There are some excellent comparison pics there. Are you sure you're not seeing just unfilled space? Is the area at the small end very well defined and it doesn't change when you change the angle of the egg?

Have you looked at some of the candling threads?  There are some excellent comparison pics there.  Are you sure you're not seeing just unfilled space?  Is the area at the small end very well defined and it doesn't change when you change the angle of the egg?

Well that's what I'm not sure of... I think it's just unfilled space at the pointed end?? Is that normal at 14 days of incubation? Nither space, on either end of the egg, moved when I changed the eggs angle...

Have you looked at some of the candling threads? There are some excellent comparison pics there. Are you sure you're not seeing just unfilled space? Is the area at the small end very well defined and it doesn't change when you change the angle of the egg?
That's what I was thinking. If you candle from the bottom instead of the top it can give the illusion of being empty. Candle from the top (at the air cell) and see what it looks like. If you can add pics, that would be great and we could further give maybe more accurate opinions. Here's the page I use for candling: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation

Thanks for the link!
I tried to get pics but none turned out... I looked from the top and say a well formed air cell and blood vessels and lil chicky stuffs... I just wasn't sure if this open space on the other end of the egg was supposed to be there...

Thanks for the link!
I tried to get pics but none turned out... I looked from the top and say a well formed air cell and blood vessels and lil chicky stuffs... I just wasn't sure if this open space on the other end of the egg was supposed to be there...
You're welcome. Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom