CANDLING GREEN EGGS........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lyz, May 3, 2009.

1. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    [​IMG]I just candled my green eggs...it is day 10....and for the first time...i could see the little chickies swimming....the big green eggs were easy to see through tonight...but the tiny ones...proved to be small and mighty....horray...our +chick total just reached 68 chicks cooking....11 days to go...HORRAY!!![​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Those green eggs are the hardest to see!! Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Wow, You going to have a large hatch...Good For You....You must post pics when they arrive...

4. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Thanks everyone....it has been an exciting adventure....here are the pics of the one bator full of bantam eggs....we have only lost 6 so far....keeping my fingers crossed...
    [​IMG]

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    how did you make your egg turners? Those are COOL! Plus you fit another row!

6. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Thanks..addict...I was at TSC and looking at their auto turners....they are rather pricey and we have two bators to set...so i got to thinking...why couldnt i make something like this...i took 2x1 and cut long enough to fit in bator...then cut dowel rods to fit the width...then took easter eggs and split them in half...the top part works great for full size eggs...and the bottoms we used for the bantam eggs....then screwed them onto the dowels...and attached them to the 2x1 with pipe hangers for plumbing....all we have to do is open the lid of the bator and turn them row by row....and it only takes a few seconds...right now...all of those eggs in that picture have chickies in them...plus we have another bator set with full size eggs in it...[​IMG]

7. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    This is so cool looking, I love it! VERY creative and so colorful!

[​IMG]

8. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    :jumpyaww...shucks..thanks...I know it doesnt look the greatest...but it does a wonderful job...and is very helpful with large hatches....[​IMG]

9. cat123

cat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    South Ga
    that is a great idea! my bantam eggs are too small for my trays in my sportsmen, and they fall threw the holes. and I have been trying to figure out, what I could do, there are too big to fit in the quail turners.

SO now I know thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Your very welcome....that was another one of our problems was with the bantam eggs...so we are all fixed up now...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by