CANDLING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenboy95, Jan 19, 2009.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    Ok hi all.
    I just went outside and candled my standard cochins eggs.
    I have a bright LED flashlight.
    Well when I held the LED flashlight up against the egg it was black on the inside.
    They are on day 19 mind you and I was just wondering what the black means.

DOES IT MEAN I HAVE CHICKS!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?

IF THATS THE CASE THEN I SHOULD HAVE A 100% HATCH RATE.

and also in the bator all my eggs have veining in them and so does one of my other broodies eggs. (theres 6 of them)

PLEASE TELL ME THE BLACK MEANS I HAVE CHICKS.
    I CAN SEE A LITTLE BIT OF VEINING BUT IM STILL NOT QUITE SURE .(ITS AT THE END OF THE BLACK)

IF IT IS A CHICK THEN IM GONNA BE SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THE ONES IM ASKING ABOUT ARE ON DAY 19!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. playingchicken

playingchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    I thought you weren't supposed to touch them days 18-23 or so. [​IMG]

I would leave them alone and sit on your hands. Good luck.[​IMG]

3. batorcrazzy

batorcrazzy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    kemp tx
    its babies your are seeing dont touch them 18 thu 21 days it takes 21 days for chicken eggs to hatch

4. You have babies. Let them rest and find their positions so they know where to pip, you should hear them in the egg in a day or so.

Watch for the peeping ones and let them run their own hatch for at least 24 hours after you see the beak.

5. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    That is what I thought what you taking egg outside to candle when it is supose to be closed and humidity upped not opening..the black is full of chicky...it is something I never candled an egg before in my life till November and now I almost feel like a pro at it..get the hang of it the more you do it but do it day 7 and 14 and will be able to see the little wigglies..good luck on your hatch, and keep the bator closed.

6. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    ok thank you i didnt know that. but im not talking about the eggs in the bator im talking about the eggs under my standard cochin broody

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Even if they're under a broody you shouldn't be messing with them at this point in time.

8. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Sorry but I still wouldn't take out from under hen now either as far as I know that is..still good luck..

9. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    ok . thank you. i didnt know that. i really appreciate it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by