candling: how much movement?

**whew** Thanks! These are brown, too. And I have only been candling them for about 10 seconds once every other day, not wanting to disturb them. They move into the hatching bator tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm so nervous.

Do you know that feeling, like getting onto a real scary roller coaster and the rail shuts into place and locks? And you know you're going and that's that, no turning back? That's where I am.
ep.gif

Last edited:
Good Luck!! I just put in my first set of eggs to hatch last night, I am only 24 hrs. into it, and all ready going crazy!! It is going to be a long 3 weeks. LOL

What do you have in your bator??

The littles ones due to hatch are a mix of straight comb and rose comb RIRs. The ones I just set in my other bator (only on day 3) are mainly rose comb RIRs, with maybe a couple straights.

Good luck on your hatch!
smile.png

I'm glad you asked that question. I candled mine for the last time last night and saw no movement - we're at day 16/17 and I was a bit worried, especially since I lost power on Friday for 3 hours.

If only they hatch cute and happy my anxiety will be somewhat reduced....:|

I seldom see movement in my last candling but all im really looking for is if they are clear or not. I candle between day 7 and 10, then i candle them when i take them out of the bator to move them to the hatcher.

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

I don't think there's much movement because, well, there just isn't much ROOM for movement!
big_smile.png

I candled mine on Saturday night, and it was really hard to see any movement at all. They're packed in there so tight! You have to watch very carefully. Well, I have two eggs pipping this morning... you can imagine my excitement! It's all I can do to keep my grubby mitts off the babies... I want to see them NOW! LOL! But I'm not touching them. Nope... just let 'em ride...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom