Candling-is this ok?

Beakrr

Chirping
Mar 12, 2019
B55640F6-048E-4674-8DCA-AEC201D0BC13.jpeg
0D18E758-EC4D-4090-8820-2C16432079B9.jpeg
79FB7A30-0083-48D9-B9A0-FE2A9643226C.jpeg
F848D3FA-0416-4049-B212-BF79806EAF84.jpeg
First time incubating. Set them 3/11/19. Rotating 3-4x a day. Points tilting down. 100* 40-50% humidity.

Candled all eggs tonight and all of them are loaded and have observable movement. What’s with the half lit/half dark in the eggs? Is that normal? My fear is them “sticking” to the side. The dark half was “up” on all the eggs and they’d been sitting that way for 4 hours. You’d think all the weight would’ve made its way to the bottom. Let me know what the deal is. Thanks!

View attachment 1707512 View attachment 1707513 View attachment 1707514 View attachment 1707515 First time incubating. Set them 3/11/19. Rotating 3-4x a day. Points tilting down. 100* 40-50% humidity.

Candled all eggs tonight and all of them are loaded and have observable movement. What’s with the half lit/half dark in the eggs? Is that normal? My fear is them “sticking” to the side. The dark half was “up” on all the eggs and they’d been sitting that way for 4 hours. You’d think all the weight would’ve made its way to the bottom. Let me know what the deal is. Thanks!
They yolk and chick floats. When they've been sitting one way for a long while they do take a while to start moving to the other side when they're tipped the other way. It looks pretty decent i think i can see veins. For day 8 it looks good. Are you able to see movement when you're candling?

They yolk and chick floats. When they've been sitting one way for a long while they do take a while to start moving to the other side when they're tipped the other way. It looks pretty decent i think i can see veins. For day 8 it looks good. Are you able to see movement when you're candling?
Yes. They are moving. It’s so cool! There are lots of veins as well. The picture quality isn’t so great in the dark. Thanks!

Do you have a cell phone near by?
Can you shine the light from a cell phone camera into the air cell and get another few photos?

I am not seeing ANY veining in the photos about but it may just be because of the photo itself.

Are you seeing clear veins in person?
Is the movement you are seeing like a lava lamp moves or is it more freely moving stuff inside when you move the egg itself?

Here is a day 10 egg.
By day 8 you should see clear veins like pictured and videoed here:
Post #160 of 183

Do you have a cell phone near by?
Can you shine the light from a cell phone camera into the air cell and get another few photos?

I am not seeing ANY veining in the photos about but it may just be because of the photo itself.

Are you seeing clear veins in person?
Is the movement you are seeing like a lava lamp moves or is it more freely moving stuff inside when you move the egg itself?

Here is a day 10 egg.
By day 8 you should see clear veins like pictured and videoed here:
Post #160 of 183
I’m seeing veins. I’ll try posting pics this evening. They aren’t as pronounced as the ones in your link. The movement I’m seeing is moving on it’s own. I hold the egg still and see little flutters and movement inside on it’s own. Thanks

I’m seeing veins. I’ll try posting pics this evening. They aren’t as pronounced as the ones in your link. The movement I’m seeing is moving on it’s own. I hold the egg still and see little flutters and movement inside on it’s own. Thanks
Great!

8CBF6FC3-EDED-406B-89C2-8D75AE1EB1AA.jpeg
5BE0C334-45B8-4FAD-B18A-08ADA3D310FD.jpeg
97300CF4-32F7-4A09-B3CB-3C4F4027DA1D.jpeg
Here are the best pics I could get. The veins are much clearer in person. Now I can’t get my humidity right! It hasn’t rained here in KY for 5-6 days. Not complaining. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd wettest February on record. But, I guess it’s getting pretty dry in the house now. Time to fire up the humidifier!

View attachment 1708635 View attachment 1708636 View attachment 1708638 Here are the best pics I could get. The veins are much clearer in person. Now I can’t get my humidity right! It hasn’t rained here in KY for 5-6 days. Not complaining. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd wettest February on record. But, I guess it’s getting pretty dry in the house now. Time to fire up the humidifier!
They're looking great! Too wet is worse than a little dry in my opinion. Your air cells look good too so where ever you had it was working.

Back
Top Bottom