1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling Light

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daycare chick, Nov 21, 2012.

1. daycare chick

daycare chick New Egg

Nov 21, 2012
    Hi. Newbie here!
    After trying candling for a week trying to use a lamp,or a torch cardboard etc without success to see something anything like candling photos posted ...found the best candler light in my samsung galaxy assistive light. thought Id let people know if they too are having trouble/ access to a candler..

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    What also works great as a candler is from harbor freight tools and they often have a coupon to get it free. It's their $1 LED flash light. I've been using mine for a long time. it's nice and bright. I was able to see in most of the eggs until recently, we're now day 17 some of the eggs just look like a dark mass inside i think it's because the chicks are so big though.

3. daycare chick

daycare chick New Egg

Nov 21, 2012
    my eggs are on day 16/17 also . was able to see movement within when candled yesterday but this morning when I checked incubator one of the eggs was moving /shaking. i thought this happened day 20? does it mean its about to hatch?

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL whoda thunk!!! I will try it too!!! Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by