1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling photo day 5

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CelticOaksFarm, Jul 11, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    This is an Opal peafowl egg candled earlier today. Thought those new to hatching/candling might like to see a picture. It never gets old candling newly set eggs.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Sailing Dede

Sailing Dede Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Bradwell-On-Sea
    That sure looks good [​IMG]

3. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    WOW THAT IS JUST SOOO NEAT LOOKING. [​IMG]

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Very neat! My oldest was just trying to figure out how to candle an egg a couple hours ago ( we need to know if it is a double yolk or not before setting eggs later today.)

He made the tube fit the egg, held the flashlight and couldn't see a thing. He moved to a darker room (pulled the curtains) and still couldn't see. We'll try after dark tonight.

So perfect timing! He now knows what to look for (minus the veining). Thank you!

5. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:I use my pantry as it has no windows so very very dark. Good luck tonight with your candling.

6. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:wow that's only at day 5? i have some scovy eggs that i set about 4 days ago and can't wait to candle them and see what i've got! this is my first time hatching eggs so it is nice to see a pic of a candled egg [​IMG] i know scovy eggs take 35 vs 28(?) days to hatch so should i wait longer before i candle them [​IMG] i don't want to take them out of the incubator more than i have to due to the temp and humidity changing. since this is my first time i'm a little paranoid and nervous [​IMG] i don't want to mess them up

7. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Duck eggs I candle at day 10, chicken at day 6. These were just because I was turning and was curious. Have fun with your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by