Candling photo day 5

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
This is an Opal peafowl egg candled earlier today. Thought those new to hatching/candling might like to see a picture. It never gets old candling newly set eggs.

39576732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very neat! My oldest was just trying to figure out how to candle an egg a couple hours ago ( we need to know if it is a double yolk or not before setting eggs later today.)

He made the tube fit the egg, held the flashlight and couldn't see a thing. He moved to a darker room (pulled the curtains) and still couldn't see. We'll try after dark tonight.

So perfect timing! He now knows what to look for (minus the veining). Thank you!

Quote:
wow that's only at day 5? i have some scovy eggs that i set about 4 days ago and can't wait to candle them and see what i've got! this is my first time hatching eggs so it is nice to see a pic of a candled egg
big_smile.png
i know scovy eggs take 35 vs 28(?) days to hatch so should i wait longer before i candle them
hu.gif
i don't want to take them out of the incubator more than i have to due to the temp and humidity changing. since this is my first time i'm a little paranoid and nervous
lol.png
i don't want to mess them up

Back
Top Bottom