Candling question (on Day 13)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MuskokaChick, Jun 27, 2011.

1. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    I have 4 eggs in the incubator...I set them on Tuesday June 14th. So today would be Day 13.

I have one in there that I took from a broody hen (took it from her on June 14th, but she had been sitting on it since June 10th)

During candling it has always been ahead of the rest.

Today all I can see is blackness and an air sack...i can't see any kind of veining, movement (this egg could be on Day 17)

or has it died?

questions questions!!! [​IMG]

2. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    when they are in the last week or so you can see anything so be patient as you dont really know how old this egg is id wait till the due date of the others that should give it plenty of time to hatch an extra 4 days you can stop turning the eggs ie when in lock down from day 15 ish so dont worrie to much id leave him be

3. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    thanks

I dated them the days they were laid, so I knew how old each egg was.

I will just go with the dates of the other 3 eggs and lock down on day 18, and hope this guy makes it.

[​IMG]

4. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    someone on here told me if u see a wiggle stop turning but you do have to watch closely i put mine close together so if they wiggle they will make a knocking sound

5. Niss

Niss Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Good luck!
    My broody got her eggs on the night of the 14th too! I'm just letting her keep them since I can't see jack thought the brown and green shells. This is my first time so I don't have any words of wisdom for you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by