candling question?

five is my dog

Songster
6 Years
Jul 4, 2013
i candled today at 36 hours. 3 had an eye thing. one had no air sack but all the others did. the others have a dark circle in the middle but its larger than the yolk was yesterday. is this normal? the one without a visible air sack has the yellow yolk in the middle but nothing else. Im working on posting pics.

i just wait for 7 days .too much going on but as long as the eggs arent totally clear i would leave them for a week.i just candled my 9 eggs yesterday at day 8.

after 36 hours you arent going to see much. sucks to wait a week but have to do it. all 9 of mine now have alot of veins and the embryo moving around. just have to put them in there and keep busy doing something else

lol 7 days 21 is when they hatch.even at 7 days if they are iffy i would still give then a few more days. i put 15 in the bator and had to toss 6 for blood rings. although it was my fault i did not store them right.put the eggs in the gararge where it got up to 95 degrees and they were a week old by then

my friend said that they thought 2 were dead and they cracked them open and there was a half formed chick in them! even if i think they are not fertile i will leave them just in case im wrong.

yea i would it wont hurt.i heard stories of them exploding if they are bad but you will also smell it a couple days before.i have an egg now at 9 days it has a little crack in the small end the hen must have pecked.it still looked good.

Back
Top Bottom