1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling Questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jmbhope, Mar 10, 2016.

1. jmbhope

jmbhope New Egg

Mar 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

This egg appears to have 2 embryos right next to each other. But what's wierd is that the egg is not large, nor does it have 2 yolks. I don't know what's going on so if anyone knows please help!! Is it twins, or is it deformed?

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Give it time. Ever seen one of the older style ultrasound images of a human baby? Sometimes it looks like random blobs, but it's b/c different parts of the baby are closer to the US head. You might see just the head and an arm, based on where the child was swimming at the time. This may be what you are seeing. It looks good and healthy. Are you viewing with the flashlight shining down through the air cello? That usually gives the clearest images. Also helpful when posting images to give day of development.

3. jmbhope

jmbhope New Egg

Mar 9, 2016
    Thank for all the help! I feel a lot better now that I know it's healthy looking!

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    YVW

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by