1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling Surefire Q

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coffeemama, Apr 10, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Does anyone have the G2[​IMG] LED Surefire for candling? I am going to get dh a Surefire for his hunting pack-he has agreed that I can use it for candling in the Spring, and he can use it for hunting in the Fall. Just want to make sure I get something we both can use. What about just the regular G2 without the LED? [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It works but you only get about 60 minutes fire power from the reg batteries. Take several layers of dark fabric and cut a tiny hole in the center and place it in the cener of the light and use a rubberband to secure it tightly. This will let you focus the beam of light on a tiny part of the egg. You can see great!

[​IMG]

My G2 is the one wrapped in the red plaid flannel. Buy the LED upgrade if you can for better light. As well as the rechargable batteries and charger.

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Thanks MP! The one you have wrapped looks just like the one I was considering. I think I will go for the LED.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by