Candling Wild Bird egg, what the heck is this?PLEASE HELP

Do you think this is a forming embryo or just yoke?

• Embryo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just yoke

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t know

• Wait a few more days

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • It’s not going to hatch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyandLuna

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
So all those who are wondering, we found this egg and started incubating it, my sister accidentally dropped it and we put candle wax on it ASAP. But it’s at 2 1/2 days old, I know that’s a little soon for candling but can anyone tell me what this is, just yoke or embryo? Idk. Also, the yoke follows the egg when it’s turned, does that mean it’s just yoke? Thanks.

Attachments

• 90337F92-B339-4DDC-B562-BA29FDA68D86.jpeg
    90337F92-B339-4DDC-B562-BA29FDA68D86.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 32352A75-DA18-4792-B2D1-6C96414DE027.jpeg
    32352A75-DA18-4792-B2D1-6C96414DE027.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: MGG
I just candled two of our infertile chicken eggs and the yoke was much less prominent than this quail or partridge egg.

2 and a half days is way too early.
Are you legal to have this egg? Can you post a pic of just the egg? It probably will not hatch due to the crack, even though you patched it right away. Bacteria still gets in. The only time I've hatched cracked eggs was when I applied natural nail polish, wax has never worked for me.

Last edited:
2 and a half days is way too early.
Are you legal to have this egg?
Yes I thought so. We found it on the ground. Couldn’t see a nest. Why is it against the law to hatch an egg? Never knew there was such a thing. I could have either decided I didn’t even want to try and save it or save it. I didn’t know there was a law for hatching an egg. That’s ridiculous. I know for other species yes. But not a valley quail???

Yes I thought so. We found it on the ground. Couldn’t see a nest. Why is it against the law to hatch an egg? Never knew there was such a thing. I could have either decided I didn’t even want to try and save it or save it. I didn’t know there was a law for hatching an egg. That’s ridiculous. I know for other species yes. But not a valley quail???
Are you in the US?
It may seem ridiculous, but it's the law. 🤷‍♀️

It’s absolutely illegal. Please read this attached article.

https://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/can-i-hatch-an-egg-i-found-zbcz1605

I am not saying it necessarily is, but I think it may be. Are you in the US?
It does seem ridiculous, but it's the law. 🤷‍♀️
Yes I’m in the US. Sorry for getting defensive. I’ve had a lot of criticism on forums so I suppose I just have my back up. Anyway, I’m not certain of the egg totally but I just thought we’d incubate it and give it a go. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom