Candling

jonezjollyfarm

Songster
Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
I have 12 eggs in my incubator day 11. Mix of white,brown, green, and blue. I can see perfectly in the white eggs, even saw the chicks moving. 2 brown eggs I see no development in. But the rest of the brown, blue, and green I can't tell. They are definitely dark but I can't tell what I'm looking at. What do I do? Just let them be and see of they hatch?

I never knew this would be so exciting. When I saw that little easter horn embryo move I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I have 12 eggs in my incubator day 11. Mix of white,brown, green, and blue. I can see perfectly in the white eggs, even saw the chicks moving. 2 brown eggs I see no development in. But the rest of the brown, blue, and green I can't tell. They are definitely dark but I can't tell what I'm looking at. What do I do? Just let them be and see of they hatch?

I never knew this would be so exciting. When I saw that little easter horn embryo move I nearly jumped out of my skin.
In the eggs I can't see into I look real close around the line where the air cell ends and I can usually make out a vein or two. But yes, if it doesn't smell or leak, leave it in and see what hatches.

Thanks. That's funny you say as long as they don't smell because I sure was sniffing eggs this morning. The eggs I don't think are developing I should just take out then? I read to wait till the 14th day

Thanks. That's funny you say as long as they don't smell because I sure was sniffing eggs this morning. The eggs I don't think are developing I should just take out then? I read to wait till the 14th day
If they are clear or bloodrings I remove those at day 10. After day 10 I don't pull any unless I am dead certain it's a goner. Anything questionable stays in until the end unless it smells or leaks.

Back
Top Bottom