candling?

miron28

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
lenoir north carolina
OK it has been almost 12 days i candle all my eggs using a toilet paper role and a flashlight had one that was really clear. got rid of it. on the light colored eggs i could see a little bite of vains and the dark colored eggs i could not see anything but the air pocket. should i be able to see some thing? or am i doing it wrong? and what should i do next?

what kind of light are you using ! Are your eggs real dark ? I have wellsummers and CM in and its day 14. I can see there are little moving things in some of them but not sure about the others. I have a mini mag lite and it is really bright !! I candled in the dark and that makes it easier to see.

Good luck !!!
thumbsup.gif

i am using a regular flash lite it is really bright. i have RIR and buff i am candling in the dark but just wasn't sure if i was doing it right. they have only been in there for 10 days. i guess i need to just wait
big_smile.png

You would be surprised how much brighter the mag lites are. It makes a huge difference. These wellsummers and CM are really
dark and I have seen movement since day 9. Try one and if it doesn't make a differenc take it back.
I have also heard of people using a movie projector light which IM sure is really brite as well.

I have a clip on shop lite with the metal reflector around it and a 100w bulb clamp onto the side of my desk and a brown paper box upside down that sits over the lamp it cover the metal reflector so no lite escapes around it and a 1 inch whole in the middle so the lite can come thru, the hole has to be perfectley round no cracks or oval shape anywere.
any lite escaping will make it hard to see your eyes will focus on the lite not the egg.
I can see every egg I've put on it nomatter how brown.
I have a different box with a smaller hole I slide over the lamp to check my quale eggs works great.
just don't forget to turn the lite off after your done a papper box that close to a 100w bulb could start a fire if left for a while.

Back
Top Bottom