candling???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bensteph821, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bensteph821

bensteph821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    How much can I candle during hatching phase??? Im so excited I have to keep looking!!:lol

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I just do it 3x. I think you can mess up their eyes by candling too much.

3. a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)?

a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Everybody has their own opinion about this:)

I've read so many different opinions, but I have my own.

In my opinion, it doesn't hurt the eggs to candle often. I candled my last bunch whenever

I wanted to. Every other day, everyday, then I'd skip a few days. I had the BEST hatch I've

ever had in my life, and I can't tell you how many times I've hatched chicken eggs! Be gentle

with the eggs when your candling, use a good light, and don't keep them out of the incubator

over 15 minutes a day. :) Good luck!

-Becca

4. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I have hatched several eggs and candled a lot, usually I don't candle until at least day 3 or day 4 because its really hard to see anything before that time, my last batch, I candled everyday after the 4th day because just I love watching how much they grow in such a short time. Of course the time doesn't seem short when your waiting for the little buggers to come out. I usually don't candle after day 18 because of lockdown but after day 24 I will candle to see what the delay is or if there is a problem..

5. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    WOW another thread another wonderful learning lesson. I have often wondered what is to much to candle.....THANKS
    Rita

6. bensteph821

bensteph821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Easton Pennsylvania
    Yes! Thanks so much..had one hatch This morning an:Dd another pipped! Wooopoooo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by