Cannot create a New Photo Album.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Jungleexplorer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Jungleexplorer

Jungleexplorer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop
    The "create new album" option is missing from my profile page. I have tried everything, but it is just not there. Is this a glitch?

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Do you have the "Upload Photos" option?
    [​IMG]

When you click that you should have the option to create a new album when you add photos.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Jungleexplorer

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop
    Thanks. I guess they need to update the BYC FAQs, because they do not give the correct instructions.

4. Jungleexplorer

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop

Thanks

5. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    My photos do not upload now at all. Before I had trouble viewing my personal gallery, now everything goes well, I upload pics, then hit the last button and ...nothing. it changes briefly....then nothing......I've tried many different things and it catches wrong options,so its working, but just won't download new pics to my profile personal gallery. Which is a shame because I have some American stags that are the best I've seen anywhere and I'd like to brag abit. Maybe I'll go visit another site to see if it works.

6. Jungleexplorer

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop
    I would love to see your stags. This my first year breeding AGs so I am hoping to improve on what I got.

7. Achickenwrangler#1

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    And I'd love to show you! Alas, if only that were possible. This year I've had good luck with natural selection. And i have a surplus of excellent stags, I do not coddle my flock with individual cages and indoor accommodations...pagh! That there is for show birds. Last year, I didn't have much, but this year my methods gathered steam and worked. Just keep at it and stick to your plan.

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Can you upload directly in a post? There seems to be a new feature that creates a type of "album" of pictures you upload to a thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/726209/embedded-photos-appearing-on-profile

Or maybe if you switch to the basic text format and use the codes after uploading the photos to a photo hosting site like photo bucket you could post them, until we get the problem with the upload button fixed.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  9. Achickenwrangler#1

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    I tried that too, and it was kind enough to tsend me an error message, the traditional way doesn't even tell me its not working. Some people have suggested using a secondary site to uploads photos, but i don't believe that should be neccesary. I need a nerd.

10. Achickenwrangler#1

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    i am guessing my spy ware contains something that doesn't allow backhacking and following me into my computor to upload...and I'm not going to disable it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by