Cannot keep this chicken happiness inside of me!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] We might actually order form Murray Mc Murray hatchery! My Dad said we could probably get them May 9th... yay!!! IT all adds up to 17.64.. but I have no idea abotu shipping. I've been reading the comments and they sound good! We're planning to get....
    1 White Silkie
    1 Amerucana/arucana
    1 Red star
    1 Speckled Sussex
    1 Delaware
    And...
    1 Black Giant
    I'm so excited! It says it ships when they're 1 day old, but it will take about a day to get to us.. so two days old! [​IMG] I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    New baby chicks are always exciting!
    Congratulations!

3. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nuthin quite like fuzzy butts!

4. Billyj

Billyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    Gaffney SC
    Congratulations. Be careful to check on the minimum amount to order. I received the new catelog the other day and I think the min. from McMurry is 25 chickie babies. This is due to keeping them warm during shipping. I could be wrong. Good luck when you get them and they are sooo much fun.

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I will be ordering 20-something chicks from them in March or so. The minimum order of chicks you can order is 25, by the way, so if I were you I'd go with mypetchicken.com.

6. Heckel's Hens

Heckel's Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Southern VA
    Baby chicks! Baby chicks! Baby chicks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Nat123

Nat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Home Sweet Home
    Good luck with the baby chicks. I hope they'll all grow healthy. [​IMG]

8. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Quote:Really? It said you oculd order 1 and stuff. Hmm.. I'll see if my Dad will let me call them.. =P

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    For the most part, the hatcheries have a minimum order of baby chicks(some do have smaller orders available).
    Maybe you could try your local feed store, that way you could get as few as you want.
    Good luck whatever you decide. Baby chicks are so much fun, no matter where you get them. [​IMG]

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If you want girls, I would order 4 of each and sell any extras. That will cover any that don't make it and the 50/50% chance of roosters. Also, they will be warmer in shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by