Canon or Nikon?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 17, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    So i'm thinking about buying a new good camera. i am now stuck between the Nikon D60 and the Canon EOS Rebel XS. they are both pretty much the same price. anyone have preferences with which is better? Nikon or canon? please provide a reason why. thanks!

i also need to decide between the Nikon D60 and the Nikon D40, and the Canon EOS Rebel XS and the Canon EOS Rebel XTi. any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I've never had a Nikon, but I LOVE my Canon! I think I'm on my 3rd one. I've kept upgrading over the years as the megapixels have gone up and the prices have gone down... They have been great for me and I like the software that comes with it. Truly you probably can't go wrong with either. JMO.

3. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Nikon....you cannot beat their lenses. The D60 is really going to replace the D40 eventually, so you can get some great deals on the D40. It really depends and how much photography you do. I bought the D60 and love it, but I have ALWAYS had Nikons.

I mentioned this in another thread....my Nikon lenses retained their value so well that I was able to take them into the camera store and trade two old lenses for the new D60 AND another larger telephoto lens.

A friend of mine just switched from Canon to Nikon and she bought BOTH a D60 and D90 and loves them both!!!

I don't know the feature differences, but the lens quality alone does it for me.

4. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I got a nikon D40 for Christmas I LOVE IT!!!!

5. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:what is really the difference between the D40 and D60. i'm just getting into the "real" cameras and i'm just thinking if the lens are the same wouldn't the cameras be pretty much the same? i'm not too sure...just wondering why the D60 is better

6. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I've owned both Nikon and Cannon cameras in the past. I really do like my Canon I have now (not a DSLR) and I really don't have any complaints about it, but I miss my Nikon. I do hope to get a DSLR sometime in the next year or so and I'm leaning towards Nikon at this point. Who knows, though... this thread may change my mind. [​IMG]

7. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    I suggest going out to a retail store that carries both of the cameras you are looking at, and get a feel for them in your hand. Play around with the controls too. Which is going to be better suited for you personally carrying it around? I have always used Canon cameras but I have looked at and played around with Nikons before. I think they are both excellent cameras and either could work for you.

8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i want a nikon very badly lol.

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Actually these are the only two brands to recommend. I Bought one of each this past christma, the Nikon for my DD and I got the Cannon. I really like the software on the Cannon better, easier to navigate and downloading is a breeze.

AL

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

After all that you are back here asking again?!?!? Canon - duh! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by