can't believe they returned my roosters!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chick-in-florida, Nov 22, 2011.

1. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm at work and my son calls and tells me some guy dropped off two roosters he bought from me 2 weeks ago because he was going away and no one could watch them. well i guess my son didn't know any better and figured i wouldn't mind. sheesh. then he goes and sticks them in with the others right away. well i got home pretty fast but it turns out they were getting along ok. the gang remembered their brothers! i posted an ad but then when someone called i "chickened" out and decided not to sell them. they were worth more than $5 to me. maybe i shouldn't have given them names. guess i gotta get some more hens... what is wrong with me!?

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    I love roosters too. [​IMG]
    and cant sell mine [​IMG]
    I cant believe the guy brought them back

3. artsy1

artsy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    sarasota
    I purchased 3 rirs bantams, 2 were hens, 1 was a roo. They were siblings, I live in the city and I wasn;t allowed to have the roo. They were like 3 mths. old when I got them, and we just loved all of them, especially the roo, he was so fun and had such a personality. Well when he got to be about 5 mths. he started to crow, like all day and we were so upset, cause the neighbors were complaining, and I called the farm where we bought them from and the lady was so nice to take him back.

I just miss him so much, he was so fun.
    When she came to pick him up, she said he looked so beautiful, he had matured and all his feathers had come in.
    It was hard not to cry. But he is o.k.
    I really love roos.

4. i can see chicken math starting here...... [​IMG]

5. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

oh you're not kidding. my chicken math is multiplication only! just built an addition to my chicken run.

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Why is it that roosters are the most beautiful! I understand what you mean........

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I absiloutley love roosters! They have so much personality! I just love 'em!
    I'm so sad i had to re-home mine though. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Symboline

Symboline Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Sounds like my daughter.. She loves roosters too... You get so attached to the darn things, they become like your kids...LOL!!
    Quote:

9. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    wow! We aren't a big fan of roos, while our two girls were still adolescents, we ordered four BO hens, two of which turned out to be roos, NO BABY CHICKS IN THE EGGS THANK THE CHICKENS!
    so we had to sell them.
    Great story too!

10. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    We have 4 roos and 13 girls...... [​IMG] we cant give them away, nobody wants them and we love them..... time for more girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by