1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Can't block members?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ChocolateMouse, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ChocolateMouse

ChocolateMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Cleveland OH
    I've been trying to add people to my block list and I can't.

I cleared my whole browsing history and cache. I am running windows 10 and google chrome.

When I click on the block member button it comes up with the window but does not add the member to my blocked list.

[​IMG]

Like so, this window just pops up for a split second then goes away without adding to my blocked list. This happens when I click on the drop down menu or when I click the button on a member profile.

Other functions using similar scripted pop-ups on the site such as uploading pictures are working fine.

Halp?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Weird!

We don't see anything odd on our end, but we'll keep looking into it.

Any other members having similar problems, please let us know!

3. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

On another note... I would love to be able to block threads. I would like to be able to go to new post and NOT see how someone has done it again, or any of the silly games. Silly games are fine though.

Love the resource here:)

Gary

Must. Finish. Coop.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I just saw the same exact same thing using Edge, and blocking members from Chrome doesn't work either, but the failure is different, as in you click block and nothing happens.

Window 10 Pro
    Chrome 56.0.2924.87​
    Microsoft
    Edge ​
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

5. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    While I don't know how to block anything I can unsubscribe from threads I am no longer interested in or have run their course. Just read the e-mail notifying you of it and at the bottom there is an unsubscribe button.

6. ChocolateMouse

ChocolateMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Cleveland OH
    Thanks, please do. It's hardly urgent, not someone I feel animosity towards... But it would be nice to not have to see those posts.

A solution that would be great would be allowing the manual addition of users to your block list by visiting the block list and typing in the username but it seems no such option exists.

I've tried blocking random people to see if it's just that account and it's not. I can't block anyone.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @Nifty-Chicken , there is another forum that I'm on that has the *exact* same format as BYC, and blocking doesn't work there either.

8. ejcrist

ejcrist Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    LOL - Good one Gary! I'm with ya on that one. Like you, the others I'd rather not see are the "roll plays." I come on here to talk/read about poultry not to roll play.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's very helpful to know! I'll report this asap!

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I PM'd the link to you just in case it would help. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by