Cant Collect eggs?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by UpCountry, Jun 5, 2016.

1. UpCountry

UpCountry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Has anyone ever come across a situation and have to leave your flock? I have an auto feeder and auto watering
    and has never failed. But what if you have to leave and can't find anyone to collect your eggs for you. What do
    you do? Has anyone run into this situation? Does anyone have any ideas? Please help! Any suggestions are
    most welcome[​IMG]

2. Chicken Bff

Chicken Bff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Missiouri
    how long will you be gone and how many eggs do you get a day

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    How long will you be away? Worst case scenario you just collect on return - how long you've been gone and the conditions during that time would dictate what to do with the eggs at that point. If it has been a time/condition that should leave the eggs uneffected simply collect, store and use as usual (if at all concerned, perform a "float" test for freshness and crack into a bowl to smell, see, etc the egg prior to use)....if you feel unsafe doing this dispose of the eggs on return.

4. UpCountry

Aug 18, 2013
    I don't think I will be able to go away. It will be for 10 days. My hens usually lay 10 eggs everyday. I can't leave
    with that many eggs collecting everyday. I will just have to find someone. But I just don't want to ask someone who
    I don't know. I have a problem. I will just have to search harder.
    Thank you all who replied to my post.

5. UpCountry

Aug 18, 2013
    Thanks all...I found someone who I know and I can trust. No worries no problem!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by