Can't decide where to move Pear?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Carrosaur, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Every morning at about 7 I go outside and give Pear new water, more food if she needs it, and hose off the mat she sleeps on at night, and while I'm doing that I let her run around the fenced in area in my yard, she looks much happier than inside her pin, do you think I should move her?

It's probably 8-10 times the size of her pin probably more, and it would be very safe for her because animals can't get through the bars.

The downsides of that are if she poops on the concrete around the pool and the sun hits it and dries it up, I can't get it off with a hose, she will probably jump in the pool while I'm not watching her and it's chlorine? And if someone did happen to let my golden retriever out into the fenced in area he would kill Pear. My pit mix loves small animals and she just sniffs Pear then walks away, but I would never leave them alone. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

This is most of the yard, there's more to the right, she lives in the pin on the left.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    If there is even the remotest chance some on may forget and let the dog outside I would leave her inside the pen. Better to be safe than sorry. Maybe once you get pear a mate she'll feel better about staying in the pen and you can always enlarge. Now that Pear is a female you will probably have a better chance of finding a mate, most likely more ganders looking for homes than a goose. Nice place.

3. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Okay! Thanks!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by