Can't edit signature and logging in

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by CluckznDuckz, Jan 24, 2016.

1. CluckznDuckz

CluckznDuckz Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida
    Hello... a couple issues. When I tried to log in with my phone under the mobile site it wouldn't work. I even changed my password twice trying to get it to work, thinking I was doing something wrong. Then I clicked on the link for the desktop site and logged in and it worked. [​IMG]

Also, I can't edit my signature. When I click on it it says, "You are not permitted to edit this signature." Do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can have a signature?

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I'm not sure on the not being able to log in :confused:

But you may just need a few more posts to edit/create a signature. The more you post the more features become available to you :D

3. CluckznDuckz

CluckznDuckz Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2015
    Florida

I guess I better get to posting then. Lol. Thanks. :)

4. OK, I had the same question. So if it's a lock-out thing, does anyone know how many posts you have to make to 'unlock' the signature function? Thanks for any help! :)

5. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi @AustrianRunners :welcome

I'm not sure exactly how many but I would say 10 - 20 posts.

This is taken from the FAQ's ~

Q: I'm a new member and can't add a profile signature, post an article, review a product, etc.
    A: Some features (like profile signatures, posting articles, reviewing products, using our Buy-Sell-Trade sections, etc. require you to have actively posted in our community forum anywhere from 10 - 20 times.

1 person likes this.
  6. Doh! OK, I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't even think of reading the FAQs... Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Hopefully your post will help others in the future who also don't read the FAQs![​IMG]

7. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Your most welcome and don't feel embarrassed. There is an awful lot to take in at first and it takes a few reads of the FAQ's for it all to go in!! I know and have been there and got the T shirt :D

8. flwrldy

flwrldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2017
    NH
    My Coop
    Thank you. I was trying to figure it out too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by