Can't feel my fingers

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
something is going on with my hands and I can't feel my fingers anymore. I know I have neuropathy but this has came on all of a sudden within the past 3 weeks. they are normal color dont feel cold or hot they are just numb and dont move to great. I guess im gonna have to stay off the computer . so pray that the feeling will come back in my fingers please

Last edited:
Oh, so sorry to hear that. I have similar trouble that involves my arms....My husband made me a chicken coop, and he made the roof the lid, for collecting eggs. It was on hinges, but it was SO HEAVY. I told him it was too heavy, but he didn't fix my problem. So I lifted that roof up all summer. Now, I have damage to my shoulders, and it's affecting my arms and hands.

What I do is, take Motrin for the pain, and although I'm really active, plus I work in an office all day long, I am very careful on what I do...I will NOT lift anything super heavy. So, if you can rest your arms a bit, and take some Motrin, I think that would really help you.

I have trouble sleeping at night with this pain, and my hands go numb at night, but the pain is less if I take it easy during the day.....

Another person who mentioned carpal tunnel could be right too. If you type, or crochet or something ALOT, you could have that.....a surgery could fix that for you. I know several people who have had the surgery and are better. I'm afraid to have my shoulders checked out........

Well, good luck to you! Hope your hands feel bette soon!

this is in both my hands and is numb from elbows down I can check my sugar levels and not even feel it. I stuck my finger in hot grease (frying chicken) and didnt even feel it but boy did it cook my finger. my fingers are stiff and swollen, to be honest they feel like a dead persons to me and it is so hard when you go to touch something and cant feel what you are touching and to pick something up and it falls out of your hands. you have to watch everything you do and watch what you put in your hands so you dont drop it. I think it has something to do with all the cast iron that dh bought to cook in

If you are checking your blood sugar, I assume you are diabetic....if so, PLEASE GO TO THE DOCTOR. This could be more serious than you think. My hands start going numb if I am having blood sugar issues.....it can all be related.

You really need to go to the doctor.

Quote:
Yes, like today. You can do some serious damage to yourself. Sure hope you get better really soon.
hugs.gif
Maybe your doc will recommend that blood work or a nerve conduction study be done. Keep us posted please.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom