cant figure out why the my quails have bloody nose and over their feather

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tarek, Feb 14, 2014.

1. tarek

tarek Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2014
    i have a dozen of quail like 2 moth's old every morning i wake up finding some of them are covered in blood on their beak and on their feather like in the picture below,i read most of the articles here nothing imply to the condition my quails live in,the temperature is good,they live out door where the sun hit their cage at noon time for hours,and the temp at night is low(got no lamp inside the cage)
    checked the wire cage,closed every tip of wire they might get injured from yet,every morning i wake up find them bloody...at night mostly...............the weird thing i find drop of blood on the ground 60 cm away from the cage?????
    it look like a massacre.....

?[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    some type of predator? perhaps that is all it can reach is the beak. any small scratches on the nose?

3. tarek

tarek Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2014
    the blood is all over the nose i think as u can see in the picture....

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i cant see very well. its me not the pic. but i would still guess a predator. happens at night, blood far away from coop. i would try to cover their cage one night or bring a few in and see what happens. maybe some sand around their cage for prints? snow, whatever you may be having lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by