Can't Figure This Speckled Sussex Out!

JanetheLane

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2017
This is Leia. She was sexed as being female as a chick (in the pullet bins). But she has grown a lot of white.. a lot. Everywhere I've seen, the amount of chest white indicates male. But from what I am seeing her comb and waddle aren't prominent? So I am very confused.

She was born around May 1st, if not late April. So roughly about 8-10 weeks old? Including a blurry image (of my barred rock) but Leia is to the right of her for a back shot. And another of him/her in a group setting and can see tail feathers.
IMG_4458.JPG IMG_4459.JPG
IMG_4460.JPG IMG_4455.JPG

Any idea of it's a pullet (like she's supposed to be.. but just very white?) or a roo?

The comb and waddles do not look that much different than my other pullets so it's confusing, LOL. I've seen many gender specific threads and was like "Oh yeah, that's definitely a male!" but this one has me stumped!

I have quite a few SS. The color rarely tells the sex, (like never)..

I have a very white pullet. I am hoping (against all odds) some of the white disappears when she molts. ( I would like to show her as her body is perfect, if not for all the white)

As a rule they get whiter with each molt.

That appears to be a pullet to me from what I can see.

I have quite a few SS. The color rarely tells the sex, (like never)..

I have a very white pullet. I am hoping (against all odds) some of the white disappears when she molts. ( I would like to show her as her body is perfect, if not for all the white)

As a rule they get whiter with each molt.

That appears to be a pullet to me from what I can see.

I knew they'd get whiter with each mult as well but this much white was insane (to start with). Makes me think he/she will be pure white when s/he's an old wo/man. LOL!

@JanetheLane - Here's my 10-week old pullet if it helps for any comparison at all. On the 1st pic, my SS is hanging out with my EE and BSL pullets.

Attachments

• IMG_5773.JPG
    IMG_5773.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5865.JPG
    IMG_5865.JPG
    637.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5868.JPG
    IMG_5868.JPG
    839.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5932.JPG
    IMG_5932.JPG