cant find a chicken sitter for my up coming trip to cuba

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I am having trouble finding a pet sitting company that will liik after my chickens while i am in cuba.

most places want me to sell my first born or they consider chickens live stock and wont do livestock

so now i am looking at hiring someone who has no insurance or business license to comt into my home and care for my loved ones while I am away...
    [​IMG]

2. nancysmith2

nancysmith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    No family or neighbors?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Do you have any relatives you could bribe...??

4. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry to hear that. [​IMG] I haven't left mine for more than a weekend yet, so don't know about finding chicken-sitters. My sister lives 15 minutes away, and I have taken care of her pets several times...hopefully she would do the same for me if I went out of town. You don't have any family close to you...or fellow BYCers??? How about close friends? I have taken care of my friend's dogs before, when she went out of town...

5. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    all of my family lives 2+ hrs away
    and my few friends i have are in stuck in the computer lol or afraid of the chickens

6. nancysmith2

nancysmith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Sometimes students are responsible enough to house sit and do small chores. Is there any place you could advertise for that?

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:If you didn't live 3 time zones away, I would do it.

Doesn't U of Guelph have a vet school? See if maybe one of the vet students could house-sit and chicken sit.

8. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:If you didn't live 3 time zones away, I would do it.

Doesn't U of Guelph have a vet school? See if maybe one of the vet students could house-sit and chicken sit.

that will be an option as the time gets closer i was gonna talk to one of the prof\\s and ask for a recommendation but the fact that there is no public transportation to my house is a big part that limits me

9. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:You would be amazed (or if you are like me, horrified) at the number of students who take their cars to school.

Good luck. At least it is an option.

10. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    I got the name of a few people from the feed store. Is there a Masterfeeds in Guelph? They usually get to know their customers (farmers in the area and their wives) quite well and would know of someone you could trust to come to your property.
    PS Both my daughters are probably headed your way but not till next year. They are well versed in chicken/duck rearing! Maybe next vacation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by