Cant' find a Water Weasel....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kiaya611, Apr 19, 2007.

1. kiaya611

kiaya611 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Lebanon, OR
    I have searched the net high and low under "Water Weasel" and the only reference is either to a Feret, a flute or some kind or from a web site selling chicken hatching supplies. Since this is a child's toy, I thought I would be able to find it at Toys "R" Us or Wal-Mart, Etc.

Does this go under a different name? I need help locating one.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. chickenmomva

chickenmomva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    I know what you are talking about speckedhen had one in her bator ........ck the dollar store and places like that they come in all colors and are very cheap it is a kid toy like a party favor or something........I would check the dollar store or toys r us.....wal mart may have them in the toy dept........like with all the little toys like the paddle balls and jacks and stuff like that............oh and they come in sparkly and glow in the dark........

I have kids can you tell?????????

3. chickenmomva

chickenmomva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    oh and it may have another name to another store..........they are like that chinese finger trap thing and have a whole in each end........they are most likely with all the little cheap toys in just about any walmart or target or anywhere like that...

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's usually on the junky toy wall with stuff like Silly Putty. I got mine at a discount store called Rose's and it was called a Water Weiner, LOL.

5. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I got both of mine at Dollar General. They were called 'Wacky Water Snakes" HA!HA![​IMG]

6. Aurynsdream

Aurynsdream Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    they have them at party city
    in the party favors isle- with all the junky toys
    I got mine there for $.99
    I tried wallly world, target, kmart and 4 diff dollar stores, till I found one at party city

7. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok....I gotta ask......what do you use these things for????

8. kiaya611

kiaya611 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Lebanon, OR
    You put one of these things inside your incubator and put the probe of a digital therm in the middle ot it and then the idea is that you are reading the temperature of the middle of an egg. I have heard good and not so good things about it. Being that the prob is in the middle of the "egg", it will take much more time to register a change a temp adjustment and you have the possibility of over or under comensating them temperature thus damaging or killing the eggs. One the other hand, in theory (and I say in theory because I have never tried it before), you could get a very accurate temperature of the inside of the egg. Here is a website that has them on it and explaines them. They sell them also, but they are expensive:

http://www.homestead.com/shilala/weasel.html

Hope this helps...

9. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Well that is too kewl!! Thanks! I'd like to someday hatch some chicks so I'm soaking up all the info I can![​IMG]

10. DitzzyChic

DitzzyChic Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    WV
    I think the ones I got at wally world were called water tubes. Usually find them with the water guns, pool float toys, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by