Can't find Corid in New Hampshire/Vermont area!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by VT Chick, Aug 6, 2013.

1. VT Chick

VT Chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2013
    Vermont
    I lost my sweet Buff Orpington pullet to Coccidiosis this morning and I'm trying to find Corid somewhere in the Upper Valley to treat the rest of the flock, thankfully so far none of the others are showing symptoms. Does anyone know where I could buy some? West Lebanon Feed and Supply does not stock it.

2. mithious

mithious Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought mine at the TSC ( Tractor Supply Store ) here in NH. In Littleton!!!

3. Doodle777

Doodle777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2013
    You also might want to try the co-op in Hanover. The big one across from the Hospital. They have everything!
    It's nice to see someone else on here from the Upper Valley! :) I hope the rest of your flock is doing well?
    I have 11 Lavender Orpingtons in the incubator on day 6. We also have one Black Cochin Rooster that someone dumped on our property recently and 2 Welsh Harlequin Ducks.

4. Doodle777

Jun 26, 2013
    The Tractor Supply Store in Clairmont has Corid. If you haven't found it yet.

5. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Amprollium is corid its also known as amprol if that helps you any. It might go by the name amprolium or corid or amprol its exactly the same thing. It kills all 9 strains of cocci so if they don't have corid they might have amprol or amprolium. Hope this helps you out on your search.

6. VT Chick

Apr 20, 2013
    Vermont
    Hi all, I ended up getting Duramycin-10 powder at Central Supply in Randolph. In the beginning it is somewhat difficult to figure out the correct dosage (the instructions go from mg to gallon and there's no clear formula) but it ends up being about a tablespoon to 2 gallons of water. So far all of the remaining pullets and one hen are very healthy and showing no signs of illness thank goodness! The gentleman at the feed store did tell me that with all of the rain we received early this year that quite a few chickens in our area have succumbed to cocci. Apparently this microbe is in the soil and the damp conditions were a perfect breeding ground. I will give this medication to the flock for one week (throwing away the egg that our hen is laying daily for at least the next 10 days - bummer) and then I should be okay. I'm sad I lost Chiclet, she was such a sweet bird but lesson learned, with an abundance of rain comes the possibility of illness. I will be more vigilant in the future.

7. VT Chick

Apr 20, 2013
    Vermont
    I hope the poor "dumped" rooster is a friendly guy! We had to cull our boy this spring because he was constantly attacking our son and it was getting pretty serious.

8. Doodle777

Jun 26, 2013
    He is actually a very very nice Rooster. His name is Doodle. I pick him up and pet him all the time. He has even fallen asleep on my lap a few times. He was in pretty bad shape when I finally caught him, missing a ton of feathers like he had been picked on, very dehydrated and hungry. He feathers are starting to come back and he is getting very fluffy! A very handsome bird!!!
    So Sorry to hear that you lost Chiclet! :(. How are the rest of your birds doing? How many do you have?

9. VT Chick

Apr 20, 2013
    Vermont
    They seem to be just fine, hopefully there will be only the one misfortune. We have 8, one left from our original flock, Helen, a Golden Comet. Then the newbies, Kimmie (Silver Laced Wyandotte), Daenerys (Golden Comet), Heisenberg (Black Australorp), Chickabod (Black Australorp), Pollo (completely white/gray EE), Amelia (EE, she's my avatar) and Gerry (Buff Orpington). I think it's pretty obvious that my kids were involved in the naming! All sweet girls.

10. Doodle777

Jun 26, 2013
    Love the names! Do you have any pictures of them? Pollo sounds like she is beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by