1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

can't find muscovy ducklings for sale :'(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jun 23, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i'm having the hardest time finding hatcheries that say day or two old muscovy's. the one place i was really interested in (jm hatchery) will only sell 15 plus unless you pick them up but i live in florida so that's not possible. i only want two for pets. can anybody help [​IMG]

2. Stormy Autumn

Stormy Autumn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    Don't worry. I promise, you WILL NOT have trouble finding muscovies in Florida. It just might take a little searching.

Do a craigslist search for "ducks" or ducklings" and some will probably come up. Try several towns around your area.
    If you live anywhere near Ocala, you can also look on www.ocala4sale.com in the livestock section. There are also a lot of people on this forum who live in Florida and have baby muscovies they'd probably LOVE to share with you.

3. hossfeathers

hossfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2009
    Normally I wouldn't send people to Craigslist, but try looking in the farm & garden section.

Remember that 'Sovies breed like rats in FL - you'll have to get two of the same gender or make sure you keep the eggs eaten, or else you'll be up to your armpits in ducks!

4. Stormy Autumn

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:You probably won't have to worry about wild Muscovies breeding with yours unless you live near water, though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  5. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i'm finding lots of pekin ducklings for sale. do pekins make as friendly pets as muscovy's do? i know they make more noise but that's ok

6. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I do not know where you are located in florida but there are some adds in my area for scovies. One said she had 8 3 week olds and a couple others just said 1-4 week old ducklings.

7. Stormy Autumn

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    Showjumper, where in Florida are you? Panhandle, South, Central?

8. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    central florida

9. Stormy Autumn

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  10. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    thanks [​IMG] do you know if pekins are as friendly as muscovy's? they seem to be a lot easier to find lol:lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by