1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CANT FIND MY EGGS!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by marko10500, Nov 16, 2015.

1. marko10500

marko10500 New Egg

Dec 26, 2014
    I have 4 free range female pekin ducks and they are very consistent with their egg laying. One each day in the morning. They sometimes change their egg spots but nothing that isn't easy to locate. All of the sudden they stopped laying and now I can't find the eggs at all so it makes me wonder if they are even laying at all. I have one female that is 2 years old and the other 3 are 1 year old and they are all completely healthy. I have looked in all of the places that they could laying and I haven't found anything. I want to know if there is some kind of stimuli to get them to lay again because I am completely baffled by this situation. Thanks!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It is not at all unusual for egg laying to decrease or stop as the day length decreases. Extending day length through the use of artificial lighting can help, but may be difficult to do with free range birds unless you pen them up at night.

3. WafflesNTimmy

WafflesNTimmy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    What if the days are getting longer? I can't find hers these past few days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by