cant find those nest box plans...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AHappychick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I had found a blue print/plans for nest box that is on the exterior of the coop with a slanted hinged top so that eggs could be collected from outside of the coop. But now I cant find those plans anywhere, I am still searching but may need some help.

I want to make one that looks like a flower box but actually is a nest box this way the neighbors wont know lol I plan of making a fake flower pot with flowers on the top that I could remove and then open to get my eggies.

thanks

2. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    These are 12" x 14", maybe this will give you an idea

[​IMG]

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yes like tht but reversed lol I keep finding the style that mounts on the wall not the one that mounts on the ouside with a cut-out for the inside.

4. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    This is the design I used. I'm happy with the way they worked out. I built it as a seperate unit and then cut a hole in the wall to mount it on the outside. The perch I added on after the boxes were mounted.

http://www.buildeazy.com/chicken_coop_5.html

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:omg thank you thank you thank you that is just what I was looking for!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by